IFS UK & Ireland User Group is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your Personal Data.
The purpose of this Notice is to tell you what information we collect from you, how and when it be may be collected and what happens to it. For the purpose of this Notice “we”, “our” and “us” refers to the IFS UK & Ireland User Group, including its Committee.
The Group is a data controller and can be contacted using the contact details below. This means that we make decisions about how and why we use your Personal Data and, because of this, we are responsible for making sure it is used in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
This Notice only applies to Personal Data processed by or on behalf of the Group.
We may collect information from you when you:
- Register for membership with the Group;
- Visit our website;
- Use our service offered as part of your membership;
- Contact us by telephone or email or receive a communication from us relating to our services.
If you are a business customer, this Notice applies to the information you provide to us about individual participants/contacts from within your business (for example your employees whom will use our services), or information about you as a sole trader or partnership.
You can contact us by emailing: [email protected]
Our address is:
IFS UK & Ireland User Group
6 Trevail Way
Cornwall, PL25 4QT.
If you have a specific question about this Notice or how we use your Personal Data, you should contact us at the above address or email address; please mark your communication as “Data Protection Enquiry”.
In this Notice the following words will have the following meanings:
Data Protection Laws means any applicable law relating to the processing, privacy, and use of Personal Data, including (a) in the United Kingdom, (i) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, SI 2003/2426, and any laws or regulations implementing Directive 2002/58/EC (ePrivacy Directive); and/or (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 and/or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations (b) in member states of the European Union, the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive, and all relevant member state laws or regulations giving effect to or corresponding with any of them; and (c) any judicial or administrative interpretation of any of the above, any guidance, guidelines, codes of practice, approved codes of conduct or approved certification mechanisms issued by any relevant supervisory authority;
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person and where referred to in this Notice includes special categories of Personal Data.
- Information we collect from you
- We will collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by contacting us via our website at www.ifsusers.co.uk (“our site”) by registering to join the Group or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. The information comprising Personal Data you give us may include your name, company name, company VAT number, role title, company address, e-mail address, special dietary requirements, phone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. We collect the following information comprising Personal Data:
- Your name, role, telephone number and email address when registering to become a member of the Group as well as your company’s name, address, VAT number and generic accounts email address;
- Special dietary requirements, where necessary, if attending one of our conferences, seminars or workshops. This information will be shared with the host of an event or the hotel where the event is being held. We do not collect this information every time a user uses the site. However, we do store the information in a database if the user provides it. e.g. during registration or booking an event.
- When you visit our site we may collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform.
- When you visit our site we may collect technical information including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- information you provide if you report a problem with our website or service.
- Information we receive from other sources.
Industrial & Financial Systems, IFS UK Ltd may (with your consent) provide us with your details in order to contact you regarding becoming a member of the User Group.
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie contains anonymised information about how you use our website and applications, which allows us to improve your experience of using our products and services.
- Uses made of the information
- We will only use your Personal Data to the extent that the law allows us to do so. Under the Data Protection Laws we will rely on the following legal bases for processing your Personal Data:
- Where you have given us your consent;
- Where it is necessary to perform a contract, we have entered into or are about to enter into with you, the contract being your subscription to become a member of the Group;
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to contact you by post or email to request feedback and comments on our services or to provide information to you which may be of interest to you;
- to provide you or permit selected third parties (IFS or IFS Partners only) to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a Member of the Group, and where we permit selected third parties to use your Personal Data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you will be able to withdraw your consent by contacting us via the contact details set out above or by unsubscribing.
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will use this information to combine with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We will only use your Personal Data to the extent that the law allows us to do so. Under the Data Protection Laws we will rely on the following legal bases for processing your Personal Data:
- Disclosure of your information
- Attendee lists of our workshops, focus groups and conferences may be shared between delegates and attending partners.
- We may use third party search providers to support our provision of the service. This could include cloud storage providers, or other, less direct business functions, including (without limitation) IT support, hosting our data on cloud platforms, legal, accounting, audit, consulting and other professional service providers, and providers of other services related to our business.
- Portions of our services may be provided by organisations with which we have a contractual relationship with, including venues when we contract with them to hold our conferences, workshops and seminars, as well as subcontractors, and, accordingly, your Personal Data may be disclosed to them. We only provide these organisations with the information that they need to be able to perform their services.
- As part of your subscription you can access our networking section. Personal Data used in the networking section will include your name, job title and company name.
- A full list of member companies and contact details will be held by the Group. The information held about each member company will be issued to the primary contact (being the main contact allocated from your company) each year to confirm it is current and accurate. The primary contact is able to add and/or remove their colleagues on our website.
- We will collect, collate and communicate common business requests to IFS Research & Development. We may pass on your Personal Data to IFS for marketing purposes where you have given us permission to do this. You can withdraw your consent to this at any time using the contact method shown in section 12 below.
- You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers (including venues and caterers whom will hold our conferences, seminars and workshops and focus groups for us) and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Sponsors of our conferences and events;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- We will disclose your Personal Data to third parties
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- or in order to enforce or apply our standard terms and conditions of business and other agreements;
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Group, our clients, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
These third parties will have their own privacy notices which you should read, and they have their own responsibilities to comply with applicable data protection laws.
- Sensitive Information
We do not systematically collect information which may be particularly sensitive, however we may collect dietary information if you are attending one of our conferences.
We may collect other sensitive information if it is provided to us by you or on your behalf voluntarily. By giving us this information, you agree that we may use such information as set out in this Notice.
- Where we store your Personal Data
- The Group uses cloud-based platforms and storage solutions. We will put in place appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data from unlawful or unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- However please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- International Transfer
- The data that we collect from you may be stored in a location outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Where we transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA, we ensure it is protected by making sure at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- by transferring your Personal Data to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission;
- by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give your Personal Data the same protection it has within the EEA; or
- we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Data shared between Europe and the US.
9.2 We have not set out the specific circumstances when each of these protection measures are used. You can contact us at the contact details above for the details as to how we protect specific transfer of your data
- Photographs and filming
10.1 There is often filming and photography taking place at our conferences and other events. Films and photographs will be shared within the Group and will be used on our promotional material (such as on our website). On occasion photographs and video may be shared with IFS to include in the IFS World Magazine or to allow them to help us to promote the User Group. Personal devices are used to film and take these photographs. If you do not wish to be filmed, or have your picture, taken please make this known to us on the date of the event.
- Retention of Personal Data
- We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected your Personal Data.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of that Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Control of and access to your information
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing at any time by emailing [email protected]
We also offer the following controls:
- You may request access to or copies of the Personal Data that we hold about
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at
[email protected] or the address below;
- If you believe that any information, we have about you is incorrect or incomplete,
please contact us at [email protected] as soon as possible. We will take
steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the
information we hold is inaccurate. You may request that we restrict our processing;
- You may request that your Personal Data be deleted where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information;
- If we are processing your Personal Data to meet our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may object to the processing of your Personal Data by us. If we are unable to demonstrate our legitimate grounds for that processing, we will no longer process your Personal Data for those purposes;
- You may withdraw any consent given to processing (this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal); or
- If we are processing your Personal Data automatically for the purposes of performing our contract with you, you may have the right to request that the Personal Data we hold about you be transferred to a third-party data controller.
You may also request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data to that to which you have consented on for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or the protection of the rights of another person, whilst we verify your data as set out in point 12.1.2 above; pending verification of our legitimate grounds as set out in point 12.1.4 above; or if the processing is unlawful or no longer necessary, but you wish us to retain your Personal Data for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
Please contact us if you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any concern about how your Personal Data is processed at [email protected] and we will try to resolve your concerns. However, if you consider that we are in breach of our obligations under data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/). You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
Plug-Ins used for this website
|Advanced Custom Fields PRO||Handles any custom fields in the Admin interface which WordPress doesn’t have by default. An example of this would be where in the network filter page, Advance custom fields is used to create a relationship between the user and their selected IFS Versions, Industries, and Functional Areas.|
|Advanced Custom Fields: Date and Time Picker||Allows you to select a “published” date on News.|
|BP Better Messages||Overrides Buddy Press’s default chat, to make it appear more real time with the use of AJAX and deals with multiple people per chat.|
|BP Messages Tool||Allows Admin to search for chat logs between members in case of trouble makers.|
|BuddyPress||Deals with user interactions/profiles/etc.|
|BuddyPress Members only||Blocks all pages of the site from people who are not logged in unless they are whitelisted for public view.|
|Classic Editor||Word press’s latest update brings in a new page editor, this brings back the old, simple editor.|
|Mail Chimp User Sync||The users signed up to our WordPress site are sync’d up to our Mail Chimp account. It contains appropriate GDPR check boxes.|
|Paid Memberships Pro||Give users roles and handles subscriptions.|
|Post Types Order||Allows posts to be drag and dropped into order.|
|Slider Revolution||Required by the theme.|
|Ultimate Member||Handles member roles and permissions.|
|WC4BP -> WooCommerce BuddyPress Integration||Allow users to view previous orders/etc.|
|Woo Sagepay Addon||Allows for the Sagepay payment gateway.|
|WooCommerce||Allows for payment to be made through the site|
|Woocommerce Events Manager||Allows for events to be purchased through Woocommerce.|